Tuesday 3 November 2009

Holly Willoughby: My style Icon

Hey followers, I'm entering a competition by Cosmopolitan and The Clothes Show Live with this article.  The requirements were to write about your style icon and why. This is what I wrote.  

Please leave some critical comments for me, I'll be sending it off soon. Thanks.
_____________________________________________________________

I have chosen Holly Willoughby as my style icon as she represents the real women in the UK. Real women are curvaceous and shop on the high street, as does Holly. Real women aren’t stick thin, they can’t all afford Dolce and Gabbana and Jimmy Choo shoes; no matter how much they may want to.  In many magazines Holly is pictured looking amazing but in high street brands such as Topshop and Littlewoods.  All brands that are affordable but are still able to make their owner look awesome. This is something I admire a great deal; Holly knows her body’s shape and style and doesn’t try to radically diet into fitting into a size zero.


Celebrities, like Holly, that know their body shape and stick with it inspire me not to crash diet and not to worry about my body shape too much. I am relatively slim but I have curves and lumps and bumps but I don’t mind, I dress sensibly and I know that I look good. Holly is a great icon to have I believe, as she, like me, wears what suits her, thus making her look better for it.


My ultimate goal in life is to become an editor at a glossy woman’s magazine.  I know my goals and I like to believe that they are achievable.  I was very impressed when Holly took over from Fern Britton, to co-host This Morning with Phil Schofield. It is a massive achievement, and especially for someone as young Holly Willoughby. Holly is in the public eye amongst women of all shapes, sizes, ages and of confidence levels.  Seeing someone so young take over a major television role inspires many people that they can achieve whatever they want.


Holly Willoughby also expresses the value of Cosmopolitans tagline, “fun, fearless, females”. Holly incorporates them in everything she does. In some of her photo shoots she wears bikinis and underwear, she is proud of her body and proud to show it off in a tasteful manner. She incorporates being sexy with fun and flirty, never taking just one to the extreme. When watching her on, This Morning she is like a breath of fresh air.  She is young and fun as well as being fearless with her job opportunities. She is my style icon for these reasons as well as her amazing dress sense.  It’s fun and funky as well as being fashionable and readily available for anyone and everyone.


Another reason for Holly Willoughby being my style icon is that not only does she wear clothes from the high street but also she is now providing clothes for everyone with her best pal, Fearne Cotton. Together they have produced their new range, Very, a range of clothing to suit anybody, old or young, fat or thin.


It is for all these reasons that holly Willoughby is my style icon.  She can look amazing in anything, high street or designer. Everything she does, within her career and her private life is flawless, she is a role model to anyone, and very much deserves to be.

1 comment: