Wednesday 2 November 2011

WINOL Life - 1 November



I directed our second episode of WINOL Life and although I was very nervous I actually quite enjoyed it after. I made sure we did many, many rehearsals and we managed to pull it all together.

In total we had four cameras, when we usually only use two and we used lots of different shots. For a change we had the television in the middle of the couches and instead of rolling VT and going to VT straight from the link from the presenters. We rolled VT and had the presenters and our guest watch the television. We then went to VT about three or four seconds after it started rolling. I think that this looked very professional and made it a touch more like a real feature show.

This week we had Elizabeth Barnett in as our guest editor. She is actually editor of Hampshire Life. She was extremely nice and local too. She went to university at Solent and within six years of graduating she is now the editor. This makes me hopeful that I will be able to get a job when I leave and that if I work hard I can work my way up.

Elizabeth did a separate interview after WINOL Life giving us tips and telling us how she got the job. This was very helpful and actually showed me that it is possible for me to get published in magazines before I even leave university. Please find above the WINOL Life show and find the interview with Elizabeth on the Winchester Journalism YouTube page.

No comments:

Post a Comment