Saturday 28 May 2011

Winol - 25th May



My last WINOL bulletin as Production Editor was this week; it also went as well as it possibly could have done. This week we all stuck to our deadlines and the jobs we had to do. We even managed to get in to the gallery early enough to watch through all of the packages on the VT machine to check for spelling errors, strap line mistakes, if the packages would play, the timings etc and it showed because when we came to do the actual bulletin the VT machine worked perfectly.

Sam Harper was our presenter this week and she was fabulous as always. We had a full hour of rehearsing but only about 30 minutes of rehearsing with the script on the autocue; which stopped working throughout the day but played nice with Hana when it came to rehearse and go live.

The only small problem we had during the bulletin that came about live was that the headlines were slightly out of sync. This week we also put the bulletin on ustream and so for the first time in our second part of the semester we were live at 4. With the editing, I edited the whole bulletin, synced the headlines and put the credits on for the last time. I then uploaded it to YouTube and we were finished by 6pm, having all ready had the bulletin up for 2 hours.

I am so proud of my team this week. It was the last week, we were all tired, we were all sad and yet we got the bulletin out perfectly, on time and live. Throughout this semester we have worked so hard and so well together I am extremely sad to leave this amazing production group but I look forward to our final year together, our final semester on WINOL and our final roles for WINOL as I know my very ahrd working team will excel at everything they do. Thanks for the best team on WINOL my lovely ladies.


Check out the last WINOL bulletin that I have produced above.

No comments:

Post a Comment