Wednesday 3 November 2010

A Dollar a Day Dressing

I am an avid shopper, I love to shop, I love new shops, I love bargains. Yes it is true, I do love a great bargain. The kind of bargain where the dress I've been eyeing for a week or two has a fiver off, not the Primark bargain. I know many, many people love Primark and I often love someones outfit and when asked where they got it, they reply, "it's from Primark, the whole outfit, fifteen pounds." I am not one of those girls that can walk in to Primark with ten pounds in my pocket and walk out, purse lighter with an entire outfit that looks amazing. The most I ever really manage is socks or a tee. This is frustrating, having never enough money for my favorite stores, (being a student in all) like River Island, New Look and Republic.

However, myself and girls alike fear the credit card bill no more, I have found a blog by a fellow shopper that has given herself a task. A task of 365 days, 365 outfits on $365. Her name is, Marisa Lynch and she is a fellow blogger with a purpose in mind. After watching Julie and Julia, a true story which has been made in to a film. It tracks the year of Julie Powell, a women that has decided to set herself a challenge of working through Julia Child's cookbook. Making one of her recipes and blogging about it every day. After watching this, Marisa decided to get her own creative juices flowing and giving herself her own challenge or re-inventing a dress a day. Saving old clothes from thrift stores and snipping, hemming and dyeing them in to the fashion of today.

After visiting her blog, I have been inspired myself and am going to voluntarily walk in to my nearest Oxfam to see what I can find to re-invent this weekend. This will be a different sort of shopping but I look forward to my own challenge; 1 dress, 1 weekend, god knows how many pounds.

Visit Marisa's blog yourself, www.newdressaday.com

1 comment:

  1. Ohh Dom this is such a good idea!
    Make sure you blog about what you find! xx

    ReplyDelete