Monday 8 November 2010

Critical Evaluation of Winol - 3rd November

This week the newsroom had mixed emotions, it was very stressful this week with the bulletin changing stories right up until the last minute but was also very apprehensive. We had Chesney Hawkes, singer of 'One and Only', in for an interview. Because he had limited time everyone was rushing about and it did put added stress on people.

I worked on the auto cue again this week and feel I have now got the hang of this. I put the headlines and links on to the auto cue, which I hadn't done before and it went well. However there were many problems with it this week. To begin with the writing was back to front, and upside down. After trying to carry on and have a couple of run through's with Jake Gable, the presenter I found it nearly impossible to do. I couldn't move the writing to the correct place as I couldn't read where he was at. After sorting this problem out it then decided that it would freeze and not roll through. Next the arrow needed putting in the correct place as when the writing was in line with the arrow the presenter could not read it. Lastly, after reading through it a couple of times I noticed that the bulletins were in twice and one lot needed deleting, as well as last minute alterations on Kayleighs 'what's on' piece. After all that though, the auto cue worked out well and there were no problems whilst filming.

The news bulletin went well the first time but we then filmed another one where we corrected the fact that it was Aimee's voice for the scores and not Karens. This was easily mended with Jake simply saying, "thanks for that", instead of "thanks for that Karen."

I thought that all of the news stories went well and thought that we did really well with swapping round the headlines and link order after we could not put up Andy's piece because of technical problems. Luckily Joey had a great headline link and VT piece to replace Andy's at the last minute.

I thought the sports was quite good and different too as Karen was presenting from a football ground. This made it easier for everyone, having sports pre-recorded and added something different to the weeks bulletin.

The interview with Chesney Hawkes was ok but Kayleigh was very nervous and it came across in the first take but she did much better the second time. I know that I'll definitely be as nervous, if not more nervous if I had to present, let alone interview a celebrity . Overall I think this week went well and was a lot different to our normal bulletin.

No comments:

Post a Comment