Friday 19 November 2010

Critical Evaluation of Winol - 17th November

I loved Winol this week. This week everyone reproduced their packages, making them better. This meant that there were no new news stories. We produced four or five bulletins with everybody swapping and learning roles in the Studio and Gallery for each one. However we did produce a documentary style bulletin of the student demo of last week. It is really great to watch so head over to winol.co.uk if you want to watch.

I have already learnt how to do the script, auto cue and the VT's but this week I learnt how to present, vision mix and PA. Look out for a blog soon on 'how to' do all of these different parts of production. I've always said that I do not want to be in front of the camera and that I would be no good at it because I do not think that my voice is very good. I was pleasently surprised, however that I loved it. I was relaxed and laid back and the auto cue wasnt half as hard as I thought it would be to read. I defintely think that everyone should give it a go.

Vision mixing was a bit harder than the rest as I had to pay attention to when the VT were coming on and what camera we were going to next but I loved doing this too. I do not think that when I did it there were any black holes but I did realise that I needed to press the green screen button a second quicker than the button for camera 2 as they were coming up a bit weirdly.

I have always dreaded doing PA as I'm not that great with numbers. As in if a package is 1.13 I find it a little hard to get half way etc. However, you guessed it, I enjoyed this too. It was not as hard as I thought it would be to coutn and I got them all correct with the help of the stop watch on my phone; who knew that was one there. The package timings wern't correct for a few of the packages though and this meant that when I told Charlotte, the director, to count down she was about 5 seconds late. This can be corrected if the timings were perfect and the people doing packages left some time at the end so it did not go to a black hole.

Overall though I really enjoyed Winol this week and can't wait to get back in to the Studio next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment